Grabbed a button!!!

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Creating on New Years Day

First of all--Happy New Year to all of you and my hope is that 2008 will be our best year ever!!
I made this thank you card because I found one in the Splitcoast gallery done by Vonda Thomas and I fell in love with it. So my goal today was to recreate this card the best I could. I used doodle this and fabulous flowers for the stamps. I embossed in gold and cut out and layered. I used stickles on the top for bling as I can't find my envelope of all my bling stuff. The thank you is from a blog candy from Green Grass stamps. I won the thank you set and I love it. I punched it with my circle punch. I used some shiny gold paper and the cuttlebug embossing folder. I still need to learn to emboss better, but I think it is pretty. The cardstock is bravo burgundy. I layered some gold and some white ribbon around it too.
I loved these treat boxes that folks were making for Christmas so I thought I would try one. I ended up folding the corners in wrong, but didn't realize it til I had adhered all of the triangles and I was not going to start over. It still turned out cute. I will give this to the nurse at my chiropractors office tomorrow when I go in for my apt. I will make another of these and do it correctly as it is darling.

And last, I thought the inside of the CD card that I made was too plain so I stamped many of the Green Grass thank you stamps on it. They are rubber but are mounted on the foam stuff and I stuck a bunch on an acrylic block and stamped away. I love these. You can never have too many thank you stamps.
I hope you have had a wonderful New Years Day and that the rest of the year will be as great. Thanks for checking in. I hope to do some new techniques this year and improve my stamping.
PS--Helen, thanks for the link for the photo tips
PSS--Thank you everyone for your comments. I appreciate them so much.
Cheryl


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Look at you go, I so love the projects you have made, very nice!

I need to give your container a try that is very cute.

My Paper World said...

Your card is beautiful!

Powered By Blogger