Grabbed a button!!!

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

I got Tagged

I got tagged by Kathy from Kathyskreations, so now I have to come up with 7 facts about me that you don't know. Here goes.
1. I am an RN with my BS degree in Public School Nursing, but worked a half a year and hated it. I spent most of my career working with mentally retarded girls in a private school. I loved it. Since moving to NC, I haven't worked.
2. I graduated top of my nursing class and 2nd in my high school class. I am a Virgo so I am a perfectionist. That is bad.
3. We moved to NC after 47 years of living in PA near my family. It was the most difficult challenge I ever faced. Now I can tell you that it was the best thing we ever did (even tho we miss our families).
4. I have 2 children--a son who is going to be 37 and not married (a real catch) and a daughter who will be 34 in July. She is married and has gifted us with 2 beautiful grandkids, Luke who will be 7 in May, and Helen who turned 2 in January. Both of our kids live in PA so we don't see them as often as we like.
5.I have a terrific husband and we will be married for 38 years in Nov. Sometimes I wonder how he puts up with me. He works for a Nextel Cup race team, which is very stressful for him with long hours and worry.
6. We have 2 furkids--Abby, a westie, who is going to be 13 in June and just recently became blind and deaf and Gracie, a shihpoo (shitzu-poodle) who will be 2 in Sept.
7. We have a 5th Wheel camper which we love to take camping. Our favorite spot is Ocean Lakes in Myrtle Beach, SC. A fun place to go.
8. I have forever worried about my weight. I was a high of 230 and a low of 148. I have now gained 30 pounds back which I am trying to lose. I was successful with Weight Watchers the first go round and now I am struggling.
Whoops, that's 8!!! Now you know more than you are supposed to.
Now I have to find 7 to tag, but that will be difficult. I will be back with my tagees.
Cheryl

1 comment:

Maria said...

Hi Cheryl - thank you for commenting on my blog!

I love this tag. It's a great way to get to know the bloggers a little bit.

Well, I'm an RN too! Did you know that you are the 4th blogger that I've come across that is also an RN.

I specialize in High Risk Pregnancy/OB/GYN Oncology. I'm not working right now but I'm loving being at home right now.

Like you, well sort of like you, I was close to the top (#2)of my nursing class but I didn't too well initially when I had to apply what I learned into the real world. Whaa!!

It's great to know a little about you and keep up your wonderful blog!!

Maria

Powered By Blogger