Grabbed a button!!!

Monday, May 7, 2007

Card for a friend


I finally got around to stamping something today. I did not case this from anyone and it is so hard for me to do my own thing. Sometimes I wonder if it is worth it. It takes me forever to figure out what to do and then it just doesn't look good. Must be nice to be talented like all these stampers' blogs that I read. I think I like caseing better. This card was made with some of this and some of that. The only thing entirely the same company is the papertrey stamp set, Green Thumb. I love this set but do find that the SU ink doesn't work as well as I want it to on these stamps. I have some ink ordered and maybe that will help. I used some Basil green cardstock for the base, the mat piece was a piece of DCWV's glitter stack. Then I used a piece of purple CM paper and a scrap of white that had already had some cut out of it. I used the CM cutting system and scissor cut the saying. The ink was SU--don't remember which colors. I tried so many. The bow kinda gets lost on there, but I tied it like a blog said to (can't remember whose blog-sorry) tie it around your finger in a knot and then slip off and cut the bow. It does make the cutest bow. This gets lost on the busyness of the cardstock. Anyhow, I am sending this to my best friend who had to go to PA to stay with her daughter who is on bedrest until she has her baby at the end of the month. I sure do miss her.
Hope I can get a better feel for my stamping. Maybe that is why a sketch challenge is so good. I just can't get the feel to make my cards pretty.
Thanks for looking in and if you have any advice for me, please let me know as I would appreciate anything.
Cheryl

4 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

This looks terrific!

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

I don't know what caseing means, but I like your card! It is springy and cheerful and sweet. What is wrong with that???

Thanks for coming by and saying sweet things there. See, you must just be a nice kind of person and it comes out in your art! I can't do anything edgy myself, my art comes out happy, no matter what I do, because I am usually pretty happy!

kathy said...

It is beautiful Cheryl, you need to stop doubting yourself. you definately have talent

Cindy Lou Who said...

Sketches Sketches Sketches!! That is my advise! The more you do, the more you find yourself creating your own! I promise! Let me know how it goes. Oh, I like your springy card *grin*

Powered By Blogger