Grabbed a button!!!

Thursday, May 3, 2007

Mothers Day Card

I did it!!! I was determined to make the faux ribbon for the Splitcoast Sketch challenge 122 this week. It took some work but I did it. When I went to pull the tape off the card, the tore off some of the layer of gold shimmer cardstock. I used some painters blue tape, but next time I use it, I will remove some of the stickiness of it. I used the Roses In Winter set as I love this set. I made this card for Mother's Day for my mom and found a poem online that I copied off on velum to put inside. I need to practice more with this faux ribbon set as I can see some wonderful possibilities with it. This was definitely out of my comfort zone today, but I did it. I do think my stamping is improving. Do you all have any suggestions for what I could put at the bottom right of the card? It needs something and I tried a prima but don't have the right color. Thanks for any suggestions you have for me.
What are you making your mom's for mothers day? I am thinking of enclosing one of my paperclip bookmarks for her--wish I had done a roses one.
Thanks for checking in today.
Cheryl

3 comments:

Unknown said...

that is so beautiful! You are way higher than you ranked yourself!!!

kathy said...

good job. See what your possibilities are.

*Beatriz Jennings* said...

beautifu card!

Bety :)

Powered By Blogger